Monday, August 6, 2012

Faraway Tree

I love creating things for Bubble and Squeak to enjoy, but one thing I love even more is when they create something themselves.
We've been listening to Enid Blyton's 'Faraway Tree' in the car lately, the girls both love the CD's which are read by Kate Winslet. 
We don't have a book to go with the discs yet but we talk about what we think the Faraway Tree looks like and Bubble likes to come up with her own little stories.
Today I discovered her busily constructing her own version of the Faraway Tree using things from our craft box. She had taped together toilet rolls as the trunk of her tree, used pop sticks as branches and green bottle lids as leaves.

Originally she had been using a pencil to make holes for the pop sticks but I helped her make slits in the tubes with a craft knife instead.

I love the way she taped the lids straight onto the pop sticks!


What an amazingly creative little Faraway Tree :)

4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful. The book is obviously having a wonderful impact on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful creation! Bubble is so creative! I credit The Magic Faraway Tree with setting me on a life-long love of books. It is my favourite childhood reading memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love these books, and bought a set for Pebble for her first birthday. A little eager! I haven't read them to her yet, of course, but can't wait until the day that I can share the magic with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how the most simplest things bring the most fun and joy.....and extends her learning from books to now imaginative play and construction! Bubble has the most adorable imagination! If I showed my kids this little tree, they would be straight to making one too!

    ReplyDelete